The Greg Miller hosted Batman Telltale panel at SXSW has just concluded, and with it we have some new details about the season, including a premiere window:
- The season premiere of Telltale’s Batman will be this summer.
- There will be villains, plural, but no specific ones were mentioned.
- Not only will you make the standard choices that tailor your experience, but you can also choose to do things as either Bruce Wayne or Batman. You won’t be able to play the entire game as Batman, however you can perform a bulk of the decisions and affect a lot of the story as Bruce Wayne.
- The extended Bat-Family (Batgirl, Robin, Nightwing, etc) will be downplayed, but supporting characters like Alfred Pennyworth, Commissioner Gordon and Renee Montoya will make an appearance.
- A new engine is being debuted with this new season that will change things like controls and graphics though no specific details were provided.
- Like The Walking Dead: Michonne, Telltale is trying to keep a steady release schedule with Batman.
- Similar to Batman: Arkham Knight, the game will be rated “M” for mature.
- No voice cast has been finalized.